ATG Offers Free Counseling for Distressed Homeowners

HOMEOWNERS | Are you underwater with your mortgage, afraid of facing foreclosure, or already behind in your payments? Attend ATG's nextFREE workshop for distressed homeowners:



VOLUNTEERS NEEDED | Anyone willing to help at our Keep Your Home events is welcome, especially attorneys, paralegals, legal support staff, and law students who can serve as loan processors. We particularly need Spanish-speaking volunteers. Attorneys or Volunteers Serving as Loan Processors: Prior loan modification training required (one-hour training course provided free if needed; qualifies for 1.00 MCLE)... read more | Volunteer Now

Bring yourhome loan documentsand work directly with an experienced lawyer or counselor trained to help you assemble and submit aMaking Home Affordable(MHA) Loan Modification package (seeMaking Home Affordable FAQs).

You may be eligible for a loan modification if the following apply to you:



  • – You're behind on your mortgage.
    – You're at risk of falling behind due to hardship.
    – You're the owner-occupant of a 1- to 4-unit property.
    – Your loan originated before January 1, 2009.
    – Your income will support monthly mortgage payments.

NOTE:If your only source of income is unemployment benefits, we will not be able to assist you at this event. Please contact theNeighborhood Housing Services of Chicagoabout attending a workshop and/or contact your mortgage servicer to explore options. (See also our page ofadditional information and resources for distressed homeowners.)

This is the first of four Chicago-area events of its kind that we're sponsoring this year! Watch ourFox News interviewto see coverage of a previous event in 2009.



When and Where to Go

Saturday, March 6, 2010
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
University Center of Lake County
Grayslake Campus of the College of Lake County
1200 University Center Drive
Grayslake, IL 60030

Free Parking in parking lot. Easily accessible from I-94. Served by PACE bus routes 570 and 572.Get directions/bus information.





Call the Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago for more information: 773.329.4185 (English — see flyer)
773.329.4181 (Español — véase el folleto)



What to Bring with You

To apply for a loan modification,ALLborrowers on the loanMUSTbe present andMUSTbring two copies of the following:

  • Two most recent pay stubs.

  • Two most recent bank statements.

  • Real estate tax bill.

  • Homeowners insurance bill.

  • Most recent utility bill.

  • Most recent tax return (2008 tax return with all schedules and W-2s).

  • Most recent mortgage statements for both first and second mortgage, if applicable.

  • Proof/documentation of income from any other sources such as alimony, child support (judgment letter).

  • Social Security income (award letter); profit-loss statement if you are self-employed.

  • Account balances and monthly payments on all other debts including homeowner association/condo fees, credit cards, student or car loans, child support, and alimony.

  • If you have rental income, you must bring:
    – Signed lease agreement(s).
    – Rent receipt(s) or signed letter(s) from occupant(s) confirming rent amount.

For additional information and assistance, seeWhat You Need to Know about Foreclosure.

[Last update: 2-15-10]