co-sponsored by
Attorneys' Title
Guaranty Fund, Inc.
Illinois Housing
Development Authority
METEC Housing Counseling
Resource Center


ATG Offers Free Counseling for Distressed Central Illinois Homeowners

HOMEOWNERS |Are you underwater with your mortgage, afraid of facing foreclosure, or already behind in your payments? Do you live in Knox, Marshall, McLean, Peoria, Stark, Tazewell, or Woodford County? Attend ATG's next workshop for distressed homeowners this November in Peoria, Illinois. Bring your home loan documents and work directly with an experienced lawyer or counselor trained to help you assemble and submit aMaking Home Affordable(MHA) Loan Modification package (seeMaking Home Affordable FAQs).

NOTE:We will not be able to assist you at this event if either or both of the following apply to you:


  • Your only source of income is unemployment benefits; and/or
  • You have a VA loan

Contact your mortgage servicer to explore options. (See also our page ofadditional information and resources for distressed homeowners.)

This is the fifth event of its kind that we've sponsored! Watch ourFox News interviewto see coverage of a previous event and thePekin Daily Times articleabout this Saturday's event.

When and Where to Go

Saturday, November 21, 2009
9:00 a.m. – 12 noon
PARC Facility
913 West Townline Road
Peoria, IL 61612
get directions
ATTORNEYS | Are you willing to donate a Saturday to help Central Illinois homeowners stay in their homes?
Read more | Volunteer now

To Pre-Register, contact METEC:309.676.3832

What to Bring with You

To apply for a loan modification,ALLborrowers on the loanMUSTbe present andMUSTbring two copies of the following:

  • Two most recent pay stubs for all borrowers on the mortgage;

  • Most recent tax return (2008 tax return with all schedules and W-2s);

  • Most recent mortgage statements for both first and second mortgage, if applicable;

  • Two most recent bank statements;

  • Account balances and monthly payments on all other debts including: property taxes, homeowner association/condo fees, credit cards, student or car loans, child support and alimony;

  • Proof/documentation of income from any other sources such as alimony, child support (judgment letter); Social Security income (award letter); profit-loss statement if you are self-employed;

  • Proof of Homeowners Insurance; and

  • Most recent utility bill.

See the METEC flyer for details.

For additional information and assistance, seeWhat You Need to Know about Foreclosure.

[Last update: 11-19-09]